Tuesday, May 6, 2008

T.I. praises the A-list of celebrities-- who reached out


"I wasn't expecting to hear from nobody. I made a point not to reach out to people ... because I didn't want to get none of my trash in nobody else's yard."

But the rapper said Lil' Wayne, Diddy, Jay-Z and Nelly all reached out. Jeezy even came to one of his bond hearings. Yet Tip said he spoke to Busta Rhymes and Eminem the most.

"The only person I spoke to more than Busta was Eminem," he revealed. "Me and Eminem, we stayed in contact, stayed on the phone, making sure each other was doing good."

The rapper has already taken responsibility for the trouble he found himself in, but he blames a certain aspect of himself - his alterego, T.I.P.

"I kinda spoke a lot of things into existence that I should of just let lie," he said about his last album T.I. VS T.I.P. "I kind of opened up some doors and uncovered some emotions that I probably shoulda just left where they were. So now T.I. and T.I.P both got a understanding."

In related news, tomorrow (May 6) T.I. will be doing his first televised interview on BET since pleading guilty to weapons charges. The interview will be aired at 7:30 p.m. EST.

Paper Trail is due in stores in September.

No comments: